High fashion has a variety of influences, and this month it's all about punk. As described by The Metropolitan Museum of Art, chaos moves to couture - which is why their costume exhibition this spring (May 9th - August 14th) focuses on punk fashion.
The punk movement started in the 70's and has been gracing hearts, minds, screens and ears for more than four decades. And just like fashion draws influences from punk, punk draws influences from art, giving it an incredible narrative that's stood the test of time. We curated our favorite picks from the exhibit. After all, spring is here and temperatures are hitting the high 70's, we're feeling a little rebellious....
1. Arizona Muse from Vogue, March 2011, Photograph by David Sims
2. Dazed and Confused, March 2003, Photograph by Eric Nehr
3. Rei Kawakubo for Comme des Garçons, 1982, Photograph by Peter Lindbergh
4. Patti Smith, late 1970s, Photograph by Caroline Coon, Camera Press
5. Vogue Italia, March 2008, Photograph ©Glen Luchford, art partner