We journeyed to Paris last week and found a few hidden gems on our trip that we hadn't stumbled upon before. The upcoming area of the 10th arrondisement on Canal St. Martin is somewhat reminiscent of Berlin a decade ago. From underground music stores that don't seem to exist anywhere else in the world, to Boulangeries flooded with antique tins and trinkets, it's definitely a new neighborhood worth exploring. We also found new loves in old, always loved areas like the Rue St. Honore, which is basically a second home to us here at MRKStyle. Below are a few diamonds in the rough you may have missed on your last trip to the City of Lights, that should surely be on your next itinerary...
1. Fleurs Lachaume - this spot on Rue Faubourg St. Honore is the go-to floral shop for Editors and couture houses alike over fashion week. Run by two sisters - a business that's been passed down - it's the perfect spot to peruse and visit if you happen to need to send love while you're in Paris.
103 Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré 75008 Paris, France
2. Artazart Design Bookstore: A gem in the 10th Arrondisement, this puts most design bookstores in New York to shame. With an incredible curation of art, design, food, fashion reads, as well as a bevy of accessories, it can't be missed.
83 Quai de Valmy 75010 Paris, France
3. Du Pain et des Idees: WIth possibly some of the best bread and pastry in the area (the 10th), this boulangerie is the work of fashion industry sales exec turned baker Christophe Vasseur. We love the antique tins that line the windows...
34 Rue Yves Toudic 75010 Paris, France
4. La Comedie Humaine is a menswear shop in the tenth that's both playful and unbelievably curated. From scarves to journals to tee-shirts etched with a variety of playful drawings, this shop is delightful to peruse for gifts.
24 Rue Yves Toudic (10th Arrondissement) 75010 Paris, France
5. L'Eclaireur is filled with designer clothing, and accessories all in one two-story paradise. Shoppers and lovers of great designers...take note.
40 Rue de Sévigné, 75003 Paris, France