Whether you live locally or are visiting for a long weekend, New York City is at its most magical in fall. As you might know by now, we typically dub our special experiences 'Locket Worthy', and many of the things NYC has to offer are absolutely worthy of documenting, printing (use our locket bar to make it easy) and putting in your locket. Here are 10 things to do in and around New York this fall...
1. For a Halloween treat, visit the McKittrick Hotel and see the amazing Sleep No More, an interactive show that involves the audience - and is equal parts thrilling and haunting.
2. Take a day trip to see the foliage and visit Storm King Art Center, an incredible outdoor sculpture gallery perfect for picnicking in a light fall jacket.
3. See the JR: Chronicles exhibit at The Brooklyn Museum. These multimedia installations work at the intersections of photography, social engagement, and street art. JR collaborates with communities by taking individual portraits, reproducing them at a monumental scale, and pasting them—sometimes illegally—in nearby public spaces. It's a must-see.
4. See Moulin Rouge! The Musical on Broadway. Our favorite musical of the season, it's truly an experience with fantastic music you'll be singing for weeks following. Have lunch or dinner at Joe Allen before for a classic NYC theatre experience.
5. Visit Time Warner Center and do some holiday shopping - and don't forget to stop by our Monica Rich Kosann shop and try out our locket bar in person.
6. Plan a special night out and visit Bemelmans Bar at The Carlyle Hotel for some live music and a stiff martini.
7. Do a museum walk. Start at the Guggenheim and make your way down 5th Avenue. Stop at The Neue Gallerie - and have a hot chocolate and piece of cake at the charming Cafe Sabarsky - and then finish at the Met. Take a crisp walk through Central Park to finish off the day!
8. Plan a day downtown that starts with a trip to The Strand Bookstore. Still the best bookstore in Manhattan, it’s one of our favorite places to get lost on a fall day - and start that early holiday shopping for book loving friends and family.
9. Have breakfast at Jack's Wife Freda, one of our favorite Instagram-worthy NYC spots. We recommend the Mediterranean breakfast, cantaloupe juice, Nana tea, and grilled haloumi.
10. Visit the Metrograph to see a screening of one of your favorite classic films. On the docket this fall? Dial M for Murder, The Sound of Music, and Mulholland Drive, to name a few.