Monica Rich Kosann is thrilled to announce a collaboration with Moyo Gems, a responsible miner-to-market gemstone collaboration that helps change the status quo for women artisanal miners in Tanga, Tanzania who make up around 30% of the workforce but lag considerably behind their male counterparts in terms of market access, education in gemology and fundamental business skills, and the price they get paid for the precious stones they have worked hard to acquire. Each Moyo Gem can be traced back to the specific miner who found it, and these female miners are paid fair market value for the gems through direct dealings with international gem dealers. Click here to learn more
This Special Edition Sterling Silver Star Necklace features an 18K Yellow Gold bezel center Aquamarine stone with white sapphire accents on an 18” Chain with a loop at 16” for style adjustability.
- Sterling Silver and 18K Yellow Gold Why we use 18K Gold?
18" Silver Chain with a loop at 16” for style versatility
- Set with Center Aquamarine Stone and White Sapphire Accents; Aquamarine Carat Weight: 3.14cts; Moonstone Carat Weight: .56cts; Sapphire Carat Weight: .424cts.
- Charm Measures: 11/16” Tall, 13/16” Wide
- To further support the Moyo Gems collaboration, MRK has provided funding for a new state-of-the-art Ultratec stone faceting machine, plus maintenance, to a team of TAWOMA women faceters located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This investment will help them turn the rough gems the women miners find in Tanzania into marketable finished gems.
- Additionally, 15% of this Monica Rich Kosann X Moyo Gems purchase ($377.25) will be donated to the Moyo Gems collaboration, providing more needed equipment and training to the members of the Tanzania Women Miners Association.