Monica Rich Kosann is thrilled to announce a collaboration with Moyo Gems, a responsible miner-to-market gemstone collaboration that helps change the status quo for women artisanal miners in Tanga, Tanzania who make up around 30% of the workforce but lag considerably behind their male counterparts in terms of market access, education in gemology and fundamental business skills, and the price they get paid for the precious stones they have worked hard to acquire. Each Moyo Gem can be traced back to the specific miner who found it, and these female miners are paid fair market value for the gems through direct dealings with international gem dealers. Click here to learn more
This Sterling Silver Special Edition Round Locket features an 18K Yellow Gold Bezel set Green Tourmaline stone with white sapphire accents and an 18K Gold bail. This locket is presented on an 18" Silver Chain (loops at 17” and 16”) and holds 2 photos. Fill your locket with The Locket Bar® .
- Sterling Silver and 18K Yellow Gold Why we use 18K Gold?
18" Silver Chain with loops at 17” and 16” for style versatility
- Set with Center Green Tourmaline Stone and White Sapphire Accents; Green Tourmaline Carat Weight .73cts, White Sapphire Carat Weight: .304cts.
- Locket Measures: 3/4” Tall, 13/16” Wide
- Holds Two Images. Images placed behind hinged frames.
- To further support the Moyo Gems collaboration, MRK has provided funding for a new state-of-the-art Ultratec stone faceting machine, plus maintenance, to a team of TAWOMA women faceters located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This investment will help them turn the rough gems the women miners find in Tanzania into marketable finished gems.
- Additionally, 15% of this Monica Rich Kosann X Moyo Gems purchase ($225) will be donated to the Moyo Gems collaboration, providing more needed equipment and training to the members of the Tanzania Women Miners Association.